Cute

Cute

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Busted Trust

Well, hello. Because I'm almost certain no one looks at the profiles here I will just go ahead and tell you all that I am a writer. I have been since I was in the 7th grade and since then all I've wanted was to write and become a famous author. So naturally any computer I own will sooner or later become full of stories and ideas for books, poems and whatever else I decide is important enough to be held onto, and for me, that is A LOT of information. Well be it just my luck that just when my laptop becomes my safe haven above all the notebooks in the world, my hard drive should keel over and die. Maybe it was poisoned by bad writing but according to my AP Language and Composition teacher I am an excellent writer. In case you're wondering: EVERYTHING has been lost. I didn't back up my hard drive and now everything is simply gone, luckily everything was first draft material.

All I can think about is writing and without a computer I am left with regular notebook paper, my Blackberry and whatever else I can come up with. It's all about moods really, this might sound stupid but it's really not up to me when and where the story will work, sometimes I'm able to write on my Blackberry and sometimes it's crap, sometimes notebook paper does the trick and sometimes it does nothing. I have recently resorted to writing in my diary and emailing myself parts of my own stories. Not the same as a good old word document but it sometimes helps. The bottom line is I really want to publish my work to the public,(the internet being the first thing that comes to mind) but I can't trust that my ideas wont be stolen. I know how that sounds but seriously, you can't just trust the web anymore, as they say: once you post it, it's no longer private. I just don't want to take any chances. So, as a result of my trust issues with the rest of the world I have posted this: my explanation.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment